The Harvard Center for Green Buildings and Citiesaims to transform the building industry through a commitment to design-centric strategy that directly links research outcomes to the development of new processes, systems, and products.
- Through partnerships with cities, governments, and industry thought-leaders, the Center will both disseminate findings and continue to explore the role that building efficiency plays in the larger urban context of sustainability.
- By strongly emphasizing innovation and multidisciplinary collaboration, the Center will work to promote holistic change within the built environment, namely the creation and continued improvement of sustainable, high performance buildings and cities.
Architectural Record: Newsmaker interview with Founding Director Ali Malkawi
Harvard Magazine: Greener Buildings and Cities
GSD Student Teams Win First-Place Honors at 2013-14 NESEA Net-Zero Energy Design Competition
October 30 | Cambridge, MA
Harvard Symposium on Architecture: “Design Techniques”
September 23 | Cambridge, MA
CGBC Research and Innovation Talks: “Heat Exchanging Elements for Low Exergy Buildings”
18-19 June | Shanghai, China
China 2035: Energy, Climate and Development
- RT @Harvard_JCHS: Join @HarvardCGBC for their inaugural conference Nov 7 to look at new strategies for sustainable building & planning http… 12:14:39 PM October 16, 2014
- RT @Russ_Wilcox: @HarvardCGBC Congrats on starting this new center! Hope to see @HarvardCGBC making our cities and housing more sustainable… 05:53:38 PM October 14, 2014
- "Drew Gilpin Faust: What Universities Can Do About Climate Change" http://t.co/DTXXuiwLit by @HarvardCGBC 02:05:53 PM September 24, 2014